Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Be Productive Today!

At this very moment I may have spread myself too thin. I am not only a stay-at-home mom of two, I am now a freelance writer for two great new blogs, MommyNoire, and Black & Brown News and I am a veil designer. All of which require a lot of social media work including this blog. So it is important that I manage my time.. a task I have yet to master.
As a bride-to-be you are consumed with ideas, budgets, fittings, bridesmaids' complaints and oh yeah your job and relationship.

So here are some time managment tips that I have been reading about (during my long bouts of procrastination). 

1. Time yourself
Set aside 10 mins per day and attempt to knock one of your tasks off your massive list. 10 minutes is a comfortable amount of time and before you know it you'll be so engrossed in what you are doing that time will fly by and you'll be able to knock it completely off your list. This will work well for party favors, address labels and other tedious tasks. 

2. Make a list of importance
There are a lot of small details involved in planning a wedding. Some of them are more important than others. Get some of your more important tasks out of the way first before you become bored with all of the wedding hoopla.  

3. Ban yourself from social media (with the exception of this site of course)
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Take a day off from Facebook, Pintrest and Twitter. I know, you're gagging right now. But I promise you will survive a night of not knowing what Lady Gaga had for dinner.

4. Put a movie on
Sounds redundant right? But I find that I get the most work done when I put on a good romantic comedy, or something with a simple story-line that I have been looking forward to seeing. It's also important to pick a task off your list that doesn't require concentration like wrapping and tagging favors or printing out table assignments. Do avoid making an evening cocktail. It's bad enough your watching a movie, add alcohol to the mix and your asking for a sloppy mess.

5. Think about the BIG DAY
The only thing that is worst than a looming deadline is to rush around right before it. Just remember what the day is about; the celebration of you and your fiancee's worlds coming together. The more you put off the more stress your adding to yourself as you get to your wedding date.

This time of your life is suppose to be special not stressful. Pace yourself so you can enjoy every part of the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment